Drew has instructed me to recap His revised rules and expectations that have been derived as a result of our recent conversation about needing to make our dynamic something that’s doable and reasonable with respect to our primary relationships. That’s a very long sentence. Anyone want to diagram it and tell me the subject?
Anyway, here we go…
- He has established the concept of “collar on” and “collar off” when it comes to our communications. The collar construct isn’t physical in this state, it’s to help me understand when I am to be in sub mode or not. I can request “collar off” to make it easier for me to talk to Him about some things when doing so, as His submissive, would be difficult. We’ve already used this to great effect. By default, the “collar” is always on. I can’t take it off but I can request that He allow me to do so. If I show less than the appropriate level of respect He expects when the collar’s on, I’ll be punished.
- Friday through Sunday are set aside for our primary relationships. We may still have communication on those days, but He won’t have expectations of me.
- We will always communicate with one another, collar on or off with “strength, pride, and honesty.” He will continue to explore ways of pushing me on various fronts (pain, bondage, service, etc.) within the bounds of the limits He’s established.
- I am to check in with him, when technology allows, twice a day. He didn’t say if this also applied to Friday-Sunday, but I assume it does.
- He appreciates it when I make videos for him. Not necessarily explicit ones. Just 3-4 minute chats telling him how I am or how I feel. He does the same for me.
- He expects us to use our experiences together to make us both better husbands to our primary relationship partner. I know this has already been the case for me.
- We will both respect the primacy of our respective home lives and both of us can end conversations abruptly in order to do so without ramification, regardless of “collar on” or “collar off.”
- He will continue to establish weekly plug time requirements, but now cognizant of the Friday-Sunday exclusion period. This week, it’s 18 hours, 7 minutes (of which, I’d already completed 12:51).
- He has clarified how we will use various channels of communication (text, FaceTime, email, etc.) with one another.
- He will continue to monitor and evaluate these rules as we move forward.
Needless to say, these changes have made me very happy indeed. Thank You, Sir, for your consideration.